My approach is professional, experienced and unique.
I am a California Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with many years’ experience in addiction treatment and relapse prevention with proven results in rehab and outpatient clinics. I have a Masters Level Registered Addiction Specialist (MRAS) and the highest advance level Certified Addiction Treatment Counselor IV (CATC IV). Many sober coach businesses have unlicensed personnel without substantial substance abuse certifications and experience yet charge similar fees.
With a number of years’ experience as a behavioral therapist, utilizing numerous theoretical frameworks (such as Existential Therapy, Family Systems Therapy, Dialectical, and Cognitive Behavior Therapy and especially Brief Therapy, Narrative Therapy, and Solution-Focused Therapy, plus Psychodynamic Therapy), I've found the most successful outcomes often incorporate parts and styles of different systems as therapy progresses in order to achieve the best results for each individual. Support, respect, compassion and unconditional positive regard are essential to growth and happiness, so we always bring those values to working with addicts, loved ones and family.
Education and Certifications:
- California Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Behavioral Therapy (51746)
- CATC Level IV, Certified Addiction Treatment Counselor
- MRAS, Masters Level Registered Addiction Specialist
- Counseling Psychology Certified Cinematic Therapist
- Reiki certified, Master Level
- Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist (medical)
- University of San Francisco, BA, Applied Economics
- John F. Kennedy University, Masters Counseling Psychology
Online counseling and help available
Sharon Valentino, MFT, Sober Coach and Family Support